Marjorie Strachman Miller, PhD, LMFT
I believe that you are the expert of your world. I would like to work alongside you as you become an active healing presence in your own life. I will help you develop qualities such as perspective, confidence, compassion and acceptance for yourself and within your relationships.
Our work together will be collaborative. I won’t tell you what to do, but I will give an outside perspective when needed. Whether I’m working with an individual, couple, or family, I hold a safe space to increase understanding your own and other’s emotions to help you move forward in your life.
Some areas of expertise include:
Internal Family Systems (IFS) therapy, an evidence-based practice and empowering method for self-awareness and relief from painful cycles we find ourselves repeating. IFS is wonderfully effective for those who feel stuck in life, or are struggling to move forward with an important decision.
Gender nonconformity: I have formed especially meaningful relationships with clients who need an open, accepting person to help them begin their gender and/or trans* identity exploration.
Trauma: I help adults and children who have experienced trauma and abuse, and work with parents and the family as a whole. I have the most experience working with those have experienced childhood sexual abuse and sexual assault. We will process at your pace, and help you to regain confidence if needed.
I create a safe environment for children, adults, couples, and families to process and express your experience. I look forward to welcoming you.
- University of Maryland, College Park, Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Syracuse University, Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Kansas State University, PhD in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Therapist, Keith Miller Counseling, LLC; Washington, DC
- Adjunct Professor, Northcentral University MFT Program
- Adjunct Professor, Supervisor Virginia Polytechnic University, MFT Master's Program; Falls Church, VA
- Therapist, Endless Possibilities, LLC; Manhattan, KS