Kelly Tejada, LGSW
I have found the therapeutic process to be life-changing. Having worked through significant personal hurdles helps me understand and empathize with the challenges you’re experiencing. Together we can work through your burdens, awaken healing and cultivate a sense of joy.
I provide a nonjudgmental and emotionally safe environment in which to work through individual struggles, couple relational conflicts, past abuse and betrayals, and family challenges. I also have years of professional and personal experience helping those suffering with addiction and codependency.
I specialize in working with:
- PTSD / Trauma
- Substance abuse and addictions & providing guidance through recovery
- Adolescent substance abuse / struggling to launch
- Adult children of alcoholics & dysfunctional families
- Couples healing & reconnecting
I will help you cultivate your inner strength, discernment, courage, and creativity.
I look forward to supporting you in changing your life!
Education and Training
- George Mason University, Master of Arts in Social Work
- Hood College, Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Extensive Knowledge of the 12 step process
- Training for LGBT Adolescents, with emphasis on experiencing gender dysphoria. Loudoun County Public Schools
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: 9-hour workshop with Michelle Mays, Clinical Director, Center for Relational Recovery
- Cycle of Interpersonal Violence: 40-hour training, Heartly House Domestic Violence Shelter
- School Social Worker, Loudoun County Public Schools
- Crisis Worker / Residential House for clients who were living with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and bipolar disorder, Waystation, Frederick MD
- Domestic Violence Crisis Hotline Worker, Heartly House, Frederick MD
Professional Credentials & Affiliations
- Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW)
- Member, National Association of Social Workers
- PFLAG Supporter