"Making Sense of My Self"
Our signature short-term group for women
Are you ready to become the captain of your ship?
Join a small group of women for 6-8 sessions (varies by calendar) to learn and practice skills of self-understanding and leadership. These tools will provide you with a greater sense of empowerment and capacity in daily life.
Is this you? This intimate group is a great fit if you are experiencing some or all of:
- Struggling to manage symptoms of anxiety, depression and other moods
- Dealing with the effects of trauma and abuse
- Feeling disconnected from others
- Desiring to understand yourself and others better
- Working to feel empowered and capable in your life
Based on principles of Self-Leadership, a research-validated, holistic model of personal understanding and growth, we will focus on the development of self-compassion, curiosity, and personal integration. The Self-Leadership model, called Internal Family Systems (IFS) by therapists, consists of learning concrete skills and resources that will enable you to:
- Identify distressing thoughts and feelings quickly and without self-criticism
- Develop productive tools to address emotional distress
- Create new pathways in the brain that help to heal past pain
- Look toward the future with a greater sense of capacity and hope.
The sessions include:
- Learning the principles of Self-Leadership
- Guided meditation practice
- Supportive and confidential discussion
- Practical skills to help manage moods and stress
- Between-session check-ins and telephone support from the group leader as needed.
Cost: $90/session. $5/session discount if paid in full by first session. Insurance reimbursable. Enrollment in group requires agreement to pay for all sessions, regardless of attendance.
Fall 2016 series: 7 Saturdays, September 10th - November 5th (No session October 1st). $595 if paid in full by 9/10.